Friday, October 23, 2009

True Story!


A friend of mine asked to borrow my Net10 phone. He's a freelance journalist and needs to interview someone in Canada.

He already has a cell phone from a company that shall remain nameless (but their initials are "ATT".) He's had it forever, even though he knows that Net10, TracFone or Straight Talk costs less. After this, though, I think he's REALLY convinced. Here's why...

Before making his Canadian call, he decided to see how much it would cost from HIS phone... rather than waiting for the bill. So he called 611 and asked the nice lady at the other end how much they charge to call Canada.

With an "International Plan," it's $2.49 a minute. Without the plan, $5.99 a minute. He thanked her politely and then called me to borrow my Net10 phone.

How much is it to call Canada on my Net10 phone?

Fifteen cents a minute.

Case closed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment